Saturday, April 21, 2007

It's been a while *INTRO*

For the past two months my cousin has been telling me, every so often, to write, write and write some more. For some reason I did not initiate his demand until today. I must point out to you that my cousin is a terrific writer. He bears this rare ability to hold the reader and mingle in their thoughts with his powerful writing. I do not consider myself a writer, at least not at this moment, but I am willing to persevere in being one. I've decided to start blogging my thoughts about the world in general because I find it to be one of my strong points. I have been influenced by certain authors, such as George Orwell, and music bands, most certainly Rage Against the Machine. I'm not going to discus Rage Against the Machine at this moment, but I will in the future.
I assume you would like to know a little about me, since you will be reading my articles. Describing the way I look is pointless, since most of you know how I look and because it is irrelevant. I enjoy writing poems about society, government, love, pain--whether it is during class, while I'm in the library, at home or when words begin to be put together in my head. However, I do not want to be considered a poet yet. I also love to read the lyrics to Rage Against the Machine songs because they bring forward a powerful message, which allow you to see the truth and the lie in the world. Then again, that is just me. I guess I should state that I have been writing poems for about four years, and I will continue to do so.
I don't talk much, but I do transfer my thoughts into poems. It is a way in which I connect with myself. For the first, three years, I have been writing poems primarily on love. However, my thoughts and perspective on life changed. I began to be aware of the ongoing events in this perilous world, that I persuaded to voice my opinion. It was from then on that I changed my poetic style into a more tighter and as close to powerful lines to elude the problems we are unaware of.
I may decide at some point to post certain poems I have created, but until then I will post my thoughts on numerous events in the world, or about my day.

No comments: