Tuesday, April 24, 2007

AHHH these poems

Nothing like studying poetry. Nothing! The words soothing one's soul, bringing harmony to one's heart andthen taking one's breath away. Aye, the good old days, drinking some tequilla, while reading Wordsworth and not understanding a single damn word. Reading it over and over, you would think I understand it by now. However, life is not that simple. You cannot hope for the best and wonder blindfolded in the world. Nonetheless, I have ten poems, written by six poets, to know by friday. No problem. I wish. Now that I think of it, I also have to link three passages, given on the test, to three different themes/topics/concepts. That should be lovely and soothing. This time, instead of being in 'awe' I will have my mouth opened with the words echoeing 'ahh."
I pray that I have not mislead you into thinking that I hate poetry. I simply do not. I respect all poets, thus it is tough to write in manners as prolific as Shakespeare, Keats and so much more. However, my style of writing poetry is different from there's and, hopefully, different from other writers. I would love to talk about this; however, I must stick to the main topic. Yeah, poetry.
I have always wondered about these poet's style and the meaning extracted by their poems. Did they intend for their poems to mean exactly what we, now, interpret it to be? Was it by chance that their poems consisted of such moving themes and abstructed dilemna's? I mean, are they being given more credit than they deserve? Unfortunately, we will never know because they are dead.

Anyways, untill next time.

No comments: