Thursday, March 18, 2010

Will Justice Be Served Tonight? *Update* [My Response Is In The Comment Section]

The Boston Bruins vs. The Pittsburgh Penguins

Everyone knows what happened to Marc Savard earlier this month. If not, then let me remind you. Matt Cooke, a dirty Penguin player (has a history of dirty hits), decided to K.O Marc Savard in the late third period. Cooke aimed for Savard's head - blindspot! - and successfully accomplished it. Penguins won the game 2-1.

Marc Savard suffered a grade 2 concussion, which is very similar to the concussion Patrice Bergeron had 2 years ago. It's been eleven (11) days since the hit and Marc Savard is still feeling tired and weak. Many of his teammates have said that Savard is not doing well.

Here are some quotes from Joe Haggerty's article, "Bruins Notes: Wheeler, Wideman and Boychuk Questionable:"

When asked about the possibility of Colin Campbell or an NHL representative talking to the Bruins players in the dressing room prior to the game

"I just found a couple of minutes ago that somebody is going to talk to us," said Krejci. "I'm probably going to play with the soccer ball outside. Just warm up a bit."

The Best Quote

David Krejci on Matt Cooke:
"Tonight If there's a chance to finish that guy. We're not going to hesitate. We're going to do it."

From James Murphy's article, "Colin Campbell Not Welcomed in Bruins' Dressing Room:"

Mark Recchi:
"No, no, no. No interest in having him in our dressing room."

Will the Bruins retaliate tonight and get the justice Marc Savard deserves? Every hockey fan knows that Colin Campbell, Gary Bettman & Co. are full of shit. Complete fucking assholes who continue to make the NHL look like a joke. A mockery!

I do not think there will be a brawl, but I do hope to see the Bruins play with passion tonight. I want to see the fire in their eyes tonight.

1 comment:

Claudio M said...

OK, so instead of creating another blog about last night's embarrassing game I will say it here. However, I will not shower you with pages and pages of thoughts and anger.

As I have already said, last night's game was an embarrassment for the Boston Bruins. I have never said this in my life, but yesterday night I had no other choice: for the first time in my life I am embarrassed to be a Bruins fan. There, I said it. Sure, minutes into the game Shawn Thornton challenged Matt Cooke. They fought. Screw the "code" - Thornton gave Cooke several jabs as he was on the floor.

The first period was exactly what every Bruins fan was expecting despite the score, 1-0 Pens. Finishing checks, big hits, many scoring opportunities & domination. The Bruins were indeed dominating the game. However, as the season would tell, the Bruins are terrible in the second period. And, damn were they fucking terrible. Within the first 5 minutes of the second period the Pens had 12 shots while the Bruins had 0. Shameful. Embarrassing. Complete domination from the Penguins from the start of the second period to the end of the game. COMPLETE DOMINATION.

After the first period the Bruins showed NO heart, NO effort, NO desire to win and NO passion. NOTHING. NOTHING. Zdeno Chara fought and beat Mike Rupp (oh, wow like I wasn't expecting that!). Did that spark anything? Oh, sure a hooking penalty against the Bruins. It was hard to watch. I mean, your best player Marc Savard suffers a concussion from a dirty hit and, yet, your team does NOTHING.

I can understand if the Bruins don't have talent, but they do. I can understand injuries, but come on that's not a good enough excuse this late in the season. What I do not understand is the lack of effort, passion and will to win. For fuck sake, the Bruins saw that the game was out of reach with the 3rd goal, why not start hitting. Something!! Nope, bunch of pussies skating in circles.

Disgusting.

That said, I am officially done with the Boston Bruins this season. Done. Now I know what you are thinking, "You're giving up on them? And you call yourself a fan?" Yes I do call myself a fun. A huge fan. However, injuries aside, the Bruins have done jackshit this season. Out of the 70 games they have played I can say that they have played 10 games with effort and will to win. And that is saying a lot.