Thursday, December 16, 2010

Passionless, Horse Shit, Disinterested and Lost: It's Called Bruins

Let's end this year with a bang - this blog, I mean. Something that has been itching within me lately. More aggravating than usual. Less fun and more horse shit, to be honest. Now, I'm not the one to bitch and complain about things. Those that know me, know that I am a passionate hockey fan - a Bruins fan.

I'm not biased, but I can be too faithful to my team. Let's face it, every sports fan does this. However, I am fair as much as I can be. If a bullshit penalty is given to the opponent, then I will say it is bullshit. If a goal should have counted, for the bruins or the opponent, then I will say it should have counted. Obviously, if it is the opponent I would say something like, "That is a fucking goal, but lucky for us (bruins) it didn't count. Once again, the refs and this league are inconsistent and do a fucking garbage job." Yes, I used profanity because I'm being true to you and myself. That's what I would say, more or less.

For example, last night's (Wednesday) game against the Sabres, the bruins could and should have taken the lead. Miller (Sabres goalie) purposely came out of his crease to stop the puck. Simultaneously, Thornton (Bruin played) collides with Miller. The puck did not touch Thornton or Miller, but it landed on Marchand's (bruin player) stick and he banked it in easily. The goal was called off because of goalie interference. Thornton was penalized, and this changed the momentum of the third period in favor of the Sabres who ended up winning the game. I have an enormous problem with the refs call. No way should the goal have been called off. Miller decides to be a jackass that he is and leaps out of his crease in anticipation of the shot from the blue line. The puck never reaches him. He was out of the crease - out of the crease. Sure, Thornton collides with him (no intent which is seen on the play). Once again, Miller was way out of his crease - about a foot or two. Once a goalie is out of his crease to challenge a shot, then all bets are off unless the intent is obvious - the player clearly vying to knock the goalie out. This was not there last night (Wednesday). Thornton was heading for the top of the crease - standing in front of the goalie when your team is in the offensive zone is part of hockey. However, Miller decides it would be fun to go out of his crease. Hell, he might be looking for a cookie for all I know. That's the story.

I'm sick and tired of these so-called NHL refs continuously being inconsistent. Sure, humans make errors. It's a given. But aren't you sick and tired of this excuse? I know I am. They call a penalty to one team, but don't seem to think it's a penalty when the other team does it. Then they get offended that they're being called names on the ice. Oh, shut up! If you were doing your job right, then you wouldn't be hearing players calling you out.

For example, last night (Wednesday) - yes, I'm going back to the same game - Milan Lucic (Bruins) makes a legal hit - crisp and clean as it can get - yet he is called for boarding. This is in the first period. Complete bullshit penalty. Oh, and the Sabres capitalize to tie the game on the powerplay. Then later in the third - late in the third, actually - Vanek and Myers (both Sabre players) do the exact same thing to Lucic. Exact same sort of hit. By the way, Lucic did not have the puck. Refs don't call it, so Lucic let's the refs have it. After the game, Lucic said he called the refs a "joke" and an "embarrassment." Rightfully so, if I may add. For those comments (with less than 2 minutes left in the game while the Bruins trailed by one), Lucic is assessed an unsportsmanlike conduct. What a way for a ref to look big and tough, huh? Stupid. Just stupid. Give the guy a misconduct (10 minutes, out of the game and NO power play for the Sabres), but not an unsportsmanlike conduct that put the Sabres on the power play - basically giving the game to the Sabres. Once again, let me reiterate, I'm not being biased here. Plain and simple: a ref should not penalize a player like that with less than 2 minutes for something said that did not warrant a penalty to begin with. Hell, if unsportsmanlike conducts were given for every time a player says something like that on the ice, then the game would be incredibly slow and just painful to watch. Bottom line: the ref (if he really needed too, apparently he did) should have given Lucic a misconduct. It seemed, to me at least, that the ref (O'Rourke) took it as a way to punish the Bruins and not Lucic.

On to the next one.

Tonight's game against the Montreal Canadiens. Rivalry game - game that should easily pump up both teams no matter how bad they have been playing lately. How should I say this? I'll sum up the bruins performance in tonight's game in two words: horse shit. And I mean every fucking word. There is too much anger from my part towards the bruins players right now after watching this horse shit of a performance. Lack of everything - passion, compete level, heart, skating, desire. Everything. It's missing, and I am starting to wonder what goes on in that locker room. I like Zdeno Chara, but games like these make me question his leadership, his captaincy, which he got without even playing a single game for the bruins.

The first period was .... wait for it .... horse shit. Absolutely horse shit. The penalty shot awarded to the Canadiens did not exist. You are going to tell me that that entitles a penalty shot? Really? That? Should I clean your glasses because they look fogged to me. That short penalty shot, surprisingly, ended up costing the bruins the game. That's what some fans would argue. I'll take it in another direction. That penalty shot was bullshit, did not exist, but it was not what costed the bruins the game. Sure, it took away any momentum from the bruins - did they even have any? - but it was not the reason for the bruins to play like ... wait for it ... horse shit.

Sloppy everything. Sloppy passes. Sloppy skating. Sloppy energy. I would probably be more entertained watching a horse attempt to skate on ice than see this bruins team play like that again. Scratch that, I would be entertained. Hell, I'll go fucking dance with the fucking horse. I'll be the first in line.

The bruins need to pull their heads out of their asses - if it is not too deep in there - and start playing for the B-crest on the chests. Enough of the horse shit plays and lack of everything. Memo to the so-called bruins players: the third period is not fucking Christmas every fucking game! You're not going to pull comebacks every fucking game. Enough is enough. I definitely enjoyed kicking my bruins cap in frustration after the second period. Damn, did it take a beating - just like the bruins tonight.

Oh, and that power play. Don't get me started on the power play. In fact, I will cut this short before I throw this laptop into the snow. The power play is a joke. A total joke. Horse shit. Disaster. You name it - for the record, I'm calling it horse shit just like the teams performance last night and tonight (Thursday). Three power plays in the third, when you are trailing by 2 goals, and you only manage to have ONE fucking shot?!! ONE? ONE? Really? ONE fucking shot? Mind you, the Bruins scored on that lone shot (that was on their third power play in the third period). But ONE? One fucking shot? Wow, I'll tell you what, the bruins were motivated and really wanted to win the hockey game.

Fuck that shit.

No comments: