Saturday, May 5, 2007

Summer plans.....ummm

It is that time of year, when the sun shines and school is over. Soon. Very soon. I will not bore you with detail for every intention I wish to fullfill. There will not be pages and pages of mind boggling descriptive analyses on every God forsaken activity. Nonetheless, you should, and I hope, have some visual aspect of them. The main goal this summer is getting into shape. Every summer I found ways to keep myself active and more, let's say, outgoing. When winter strolls along I become more indequate and lazy, so to speak. I find everything as gloomy and weary as the dark clouds shading earth on this dreadful season. However, I do acknowledge that there are also great things about winter, but who really wants to know? Anyone? I thought so. Now, back to my summer plans. Fitness is important as every bone and flesh in our bodies. In my early high school years I was a lazy asshole, who couldn't bother with jogging or walking long stretches. However, it all changed the summer before secondary 3. I was not doing very well in the first term Gym class, in which we were tested on endurace (26 laps or so). I kept getting in the low 70s, so that summer I began to change things around. I jogged and walked quite often, and of course I drank lots of water. Long story short, I got 87 on the endurance exam. This motivated me to do better and too stay in shape. Unfortunately, for some reason I only got into it when summer came along, and still do.
I am 5 foot 11-6 feet and I weigh between 175-185 (somewhere there, look closely). My goal is to lose 15 pounds this summer, yes 15 EFFING pounds. Canada, here I come. A summer of jogging and walking along the beach and around the neighbourhood. Now, what else do I want to do this summer besides exercise? Play sports, swim, bike, just to name a few. I'm sure you can use your imagination.
I usually procrastinate, at least I do so when it comes to work this semester, but this is unlikely going to happen come this summer. I am so determined to lose the 15 pounds, that I will buy you (those that I know) 5 drinks at the bar or something equivalent to fifty dollars if I fail to do so. How can this be done? Simple. We'll measure my weight before summer begins, and then we will measure my weight once school begins (late August).

No comments: