Monday, October 4, 2010

Notes From The Other Side: An Unfinished Thought

It's been a while. It has. In fact, I cannot remember the last time I sat here and took my time to write something on this blog other than predicting Bruins stats. I haven't written anything down besides numbers. Well, that is if you don't count school work. So, the question is what the fuck have I been doing lately.

I'll tell you what the fuck I've been doing lately, the Wire. Not humping it or anything like that. Fuck no. I've been watching it, you dirty minded ass. Back to the magnificent drama t.v series called the Wire. A show that began in 2002 and ended in 2008. A show that not many heard or watched until it was coming to an end. That's partially because it aired on HBO. It focused more on developing characters and the story properly.

It is rare for a show to have an abundance of characters that are all properly developed, and none left behind to rot and slowly disappear like other shows (i.e. Lost, Smallville, and all those bullshit Vampire shows not named True Blood). 5 seasons, each focusing on a particular institution (School, politics, newspaper, port) and drugs, all the while tying every loose end.

All this talk and thought about the Wire has made me think about what are my top 5 favorite shows. I can seriously have some fun with that. In fact, my next blog will be dedicated to my top 5 shows. However, it will not just be a list of the 5 shows. Nope. I will briefly describe what the show is about, why it is in my top 5, and why you should be watching it. Fuck, that is a splendid idea.

No comments: