Saturday, February 12, 2011

Monsters of the Week

Two things have been bugging me for a while. One dates back to last April, and the other last November. Supernatural and Fringe, respectively.

I still believe, strongly that is, that Supernatural should have ended last year - their 5th season. It should have been it, series done.
Sam accepts to be Lucifers host, and successfully throws himself in the cage. As a result, Lucifer cannot destroy the world, Sam sacrifices himself for the good of mankind, and his brother, Dean, goes on to start a family and live a normal life.

It should have ended there. I was satisfied with that ending. I really was. However, they did make Sam reappear at the end to provide a "twist" for the following season. Dumb. The main creator and writer, Eric Kripke, had planned 5 seasons, and did so. He left the show in the hands of other writers - some had been there from the beginning - to continue the series. To fuck it up ... I mean, provide more arcs. Sorry.

The sixth season is already underway (right now it is at their fourteenth episode). Although it has some decent moments, some pretty good episodes, it is convoluted and filled with bad stories and a plot (which is wishy washy) that is clearly being rushed and slightly forced. Shit, I cannot believe I said wishy washy. I love the show, I really do. Anyone that knows me, knows that Supernatural is my favorite show. And I will continue to watch it because it is something I started watching from the beginning and it is a show like no other. I just hope that the CW network don't fucking milk this series like they did with that piece of shit series called Smallville.

As for Fringe, and I'll make it quick, it is not going to last much longer. Why? Because Fox is a fucking douche bag. They ruin every good show or shows that have the potential, yet keep stupid, dumb fuck shows such as American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Glee, etc etc. What happened to shows like Firefly? Arrested Development? Yeah, I know. So Fringe, which was on Thursdays, has moved to Fridays in 2011. And yes, their ratings are falling. Falling, falling, falling. There is still hopes for a 4th season, but it is starting to look dim right now. Honestly, I would not be surprised if Fringe is renewed for a fourth season only to have pulled within 5-10 episodes into the new season.

No comments: