Sunday, May 20, 2007

Chasing Shadows

Take it for what it's worth. This is mainly freelance........yup....


----------
Beautiful attraction, strong distraction,
The mind curling up inside,
The main problems reside
In your soul smothered in sins,
A question of faith,
A question unanswered,
You'll never be the one you'll beg to be,
Enough of these sad tales,
And your ghastly expressions,
Covered in blood,
The riches own, the poor beg to live,
Now I wake up
Chasing the same goddamn thing
Over and over again,
One last time, why not?

Chasing shadows,
Along each wall,
One by one with every pull,
My strength falls, while I,
Chase shadows.

Lost in the moment,
Lost in the music, which spins me around,
Where have you been?
I, Smothered in vain,
Long behold what I wanted is finally there,
A chance given,
Hit hard in the face,
The needle points straight down
Towards me,
I'm chasing you, the shadows,
Blistering my view,
Once again, I want you, I want it all,
But all I got was the shame spread inside me
Like a virus, cleared until its killed,
Chasing, what's not there.

Chasing shadows,
Where have I been?
Looking past my shoulder,
Your never there,
Chasing shadows.

What have I done,
To deserve what I got,
A lot of bad, a lot of good,
Nonetheless, the guilt covers myself,
You twist and turn me the way you want,
A fiction, a long lasting nightmare,
What I need is who you are,
But who you are is quite mysterious,
A trigger, a life long sentence of where I am,
A light at the end,
But who am I fooling?
It's too far away.

Chasing shadows,
Where have I been?
Looking past my shoulder,
Your never there,
Chasing shadows,
Once again, once again

No comments: