Thursday, May 17, 2007

Louder please

Music roaring in the background, vibing through your skin. Heads bobing up and down, now side to side at the tone of Rage. Hand gestures slicing downwards, back and forth, back and forth. Music stops, now the bodies dead. Track two, beat begins to shake, the sound of the drums begin to roll, the floor vibrates and now the crowd begins to jump. JUMP! Listen to the Bulls on Parade. The pen shakes, now I become motivated, more then ever. The words climb atop my mind once again as I join the band and sing.
That was six days ago, i haven't heard them until today. I was hoping to let go of them, at least until my final exam next tuesday, but no, my cousin talked me into hearing them again. I was writing for about four hours today. My mind worked up, my brain jamned and now my thouhts all over the place. I needed some inspiration to say the least. I did not want to break my vow, but how could I keep it? Then again, I needed some motivation, some inspiration.....some Rage! I know several people, who I will not mention their name, disagree with my passion for Rage, but, nonetheless, they respect me for who I am, therefore, I respect them for respecting me. However, how can you hate a band without listening to them? I mean, if you have listened to them once, twice and did not like them, then that is understandable, but to say you've never heard them and do not look foward to do so. Perhaps it is the name of the band, Rage Against the Machine. Perhaps they think the band is some heavy metal, junk, unappreciated group of people who hate the world. Maybe. Listen to them, give them a try at least. They do write lyrics with meaning. There is something there. Anyways, who am I kidding, no one understands.
I assume there are a number of things that motivate people, and there should be. Perhaps it is the girl next door as she waves hello to you, perhaps the cross and figure of Jesus in your room, perhaps family, perhaps the thought of cheap wine and champagne, perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. Motivation comes in different sizes. Music is my choice. However, not all types of music. I cannot listen to depressive music or heavy metal music, it is just not for me. I enjoy listening to Rage Against the Machine, New Foudn Glory, Bruce Springsteen, Radiohead, Linkin Park, Guns n' Roses, AC/DC, The Strokes, Buck 65.......and the list goes on. However, one band that keeps motivating me and relaxing me at all times is Rage Against the Machine.

1 comment:

Rebecca Ugolini said...

You know what motivates me?

HAVING A CHEERY LAYOUT ON MY BLOG!
GEEZ CLAUDIO! I got depressed just looking at this. Now who knows how my English essay will turn out. Thanks.

Kidding; you know what motivates me? The thought of shaming my parents. Brutta figura. That's pretty much it. That, and guilt.