Saturday, August 16, 2008

Blair Witch Project: Another Review

Alright, where should I begin? I know, I know, this is an old movie that came out nine years ago. Believe it or not, but I have seen it for the first time today. Let's just say it is my type of film. A movie revolving around the paranormal and that which encourages its viewers to use his or her imagination in putting the pieces together.
For those of you who have not seen this movie - though I believe you have heard of it in one way or form - may or may not like it. It is as simple as that. Love it or hate it. If you hated Cloverfield, then you will hate The Blair Witch Project. Brief and simple without going into major details: The movie takes place in the woods near Burkittsville, Maryland 1993. Three teens - one girl and two guys - decide to film a documentary on the Blair Witch, which has stirred up many myths and horror. As they begin wondering in the woods they realize that they are not alone.
Ooooooohhhh, Ahhhhhhh. Eeeeeeeee.
The ending may leave some in disappointment because it is an open ending. I liked it a lot. The characters were well written and seemed realistic in which one can relate to. Though I must admit that Heather was fucking annoying at times. The first 30-45 minutes is slow and nothing 'eerie' happens, but soon after that it begins. :D

No comments: