Monday, July 13, 2009

The Road (novel) by Cormac McCarthy

Reviewing novels/literature, whichever you choose, is not my forte. Therefore, I will keep this short and sweet. I do not believe in "oh, this is the best fucking novel ever" bullshit. Doesn't exist. The novel is either good or bad - some striking one's imagination better than others. Novels that have struck me with a handful of after thoughts, what if's, "oh, that was foreshadowing at the beginning", and those that just stick to you for a long time. None of the fan fiction crap. However, those that have struck me are the following (to name a few): Fahrenheit 451, 1984 and The Quiet American.
Now that I have yelled that out, let me say that The Road left the same feeling of awe, sadness, tension and (for a short yet, thick in detail) left me pondering what and how (you will understand once you read the novel). All you need to know about this novel is that it takes place somewhere on Earth where everything has been destroyed - yes, the apocalypse. The novel focuses more on the relationship between the son and the father. I strongly recommend this novel.

No comments: