Friday, July 23, 2010

Bad Habits Die Hard

So, the other night I decided to drink Rum - a grand total of 6 glasses (with Orange juice). Well, at least 6 glasses that I remember. Instead of opening the delicious bottle of Cuban Rum, Havana Club, that my parents bought me last year when they went to Cuba, I opted for Appleton Estate. That, my friends, is some good Jamaican Rum.

I don't drink to get drunk - those who do are simply idiots and crave for stupidities. I'm not the type. I drink to expand my alcoholic expertise (Ha!). Really, I will drink to enjoy the booze, to chill out with friends, and so on. It's tough to enjoy, say a particular rum, when you're drinking to get drunk, to feel that buzz.

My favorite alcoholic beverage is whiskey. Irish. Jameson. However, I haven't had any in 2 years. I even remember the last time I drank some Jameson. March 17, 2008. St. Patrick's day. I drank 3/4 of a Jameson bottle (along with other drinks I don't remember). Let's just say I was heavily drunk and passed out on the couch. Now, I didn't decide to quit drinking Jameson, whiskey or any alcoholic beverage. In fact, I am not a heavy drinker - I will have a drink or two every once in a while (say, every 2 weeks). Hell, I might go a month or two without touching wine, beer or whiskey. But that was the last time I had Jameson. The main reason was because I began working the nightshift throughout the entire summer and barely had any time to drink wine, beer or whiskey. Time went by, and I decided to only have Jameson on special occasions - same goes for smoking Cigars. Soon. Soon.

OK. Back to wherever I was trying to go. So, the other night I drank Rum & orange juice. A lot. In my room while listening to music (LCD Soundsystem <- boy, is that shit dope). Getting to the point where you're tipsy/drunk is a tricky thing. It's different for everybody. For me, I have a bad habit of texting and calling friends. Unfortunately, my cousin received a shit load of texts & emails. I won't even get into the details (Ha!). I am a fun tipsy/drunk guy - at least that is what friends and cousins have told me. Fun to be around. And I like that a lot. I also blanked out from 1am to 4am. Must have fallen asleep ... that is what I keep telling myself. Yes, drinking can be a tricky thing. Anything can happen. Sometimes I feel and know what I am doing, but I choose to be loose and see where it takes me. Now, that doesn't happen all the time. I forget a lot. And if I'm drunk/tipsy there's a very good chance I won't remember most of what happened. That is why I always check my phone for texts sent, email, and so on. There is a sense of freedom, feeling loose and content. But I do not drink because I feel the need for freedom or to be happy. You do not need to drink to feel loose, content or free. Though, it does come with the territory of drinking.

I like my wine, too. Bitter & strong. Not sweet. When I'm drinking red wine I don't want to feel like I'm drinking passion fruit (Oasis) - disgusting. I hate sweet drinks, then again the term sweet differs to everyone. Speaking of which, I don't dig girls who drink hard stuff - heavy drinkers. Not a white wine guy, either. Red, red wine.

Where was I? I actually wanted to see what lyrics/poems I could come up with while drunk/tipsy. Yes, yes this contradicts what I have been talking about above. I'll admit, I wanted to get that buzz to see what I could come up with (lyrics/poems). Unfortunately, the experiment failed as I did not write any bloody poem/lyric. Yeah, and I am not trying this again anytime soon. OK, maybe in a few weeks. Yes?

No comments: