Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Pictures on the Coasters

Still reading Underworld, and still editing lyrics. It's been two weeks since I started a fresh lyric, and that one's still not done. I would not necessarily say I've hit a wall, but I do think I should take a short break from writing. Perhaps stray completely away from it all for a while. Do something else. Continue biking and help my brother become a better soccer player.

Soccer. Speaking of which, I have thought long and hard about getting back into the sport. I have not played in an actual team, or in any sort of game for a little over two years. The reason? My knees. I would not say I'm slower in defence, but I'm not nearly as fast as I used to be. I played an aggressive style, and I would say I intimidated my opponents. The stories I have, the injuries I have caused (by accident. Not done on purpose, but it comes with the territory), and the thrash talk on the field. I miss it. Kind of. I have been thinking about getting back to playing soccer in a team or with friends again. I do become quite competitive as well.

Back to reading. I am eager to finish Underworld. I've been reading it since May! I rarely take this long on a book, even though it's 832 pages. I am very close to finishing it - about 160 pages left. I am not sure which novel I should begin once I'm done Underworld. Either finish Regulators by Stephen King (Never finished it last summer. Half way through), or start The Lost City of Z by David Grann, which seems really interesting.

Well, time for me to change my Miss Caribbean Tan International calender to July. Who will be the lovely Miss?

No comments: