Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The lost Song

Here we go, this foolish song.




Is this the end for us?
What have we set in motion?
It's the usual;
"Whathave you done for me lately?"
We wish it would go away,
All the troubles, hatred and loss,
But everything's rough; going all too fast,
We're going quickly,
Our time is coming to an end,
So gather all your flowers,
All of your sympathies and sorrows.

Let out true colors shine,
Let me hold your hand,
As we take our final steps,
Everything is clear to me,
But we are the leaves falling from the trees.

Take a stroll through memory lane,
Oh, I've been wonderin' where I've been,
To many knots to untie this scene,
Let love rule, but let me go,
Take me along, leave me here,
Don't drag me around,
But I don't want to be here alone.

The fire starts to erupt
In her eyes as the clouds begin to darken,
The hundred sparks;
As we try to light this match on fire,
Let our love spark like it used too,
Every cure, every disease, every moment of clarity,
Let me see what we've done.

A useless song,
A useless prayer,
A useless moment through our eyes,
A useless fight that no one needs,
Who we are; this useless disease.

No comments: