Friday, April 4, 2008

The Boston Bruins are in

Playoffs here we come. Somebody pinch me. Is this real, the Bruins in the playoffs despite all these injuries and non-believers? No, it cannot be. Holy (insert name here)!! I have just finished watching Ottawa v. Boston: a game that left me biting my nails, yelling at the t.v, yelling at the players to hustle, yelling at the top of my lungs when the Bruins scores and so on. I think I lost part of my voice. Part of my voice?
I wish I had a beer or some alcoholic beverage to celebrate this fabulous night, but all I got is a cup of coffee by my side. WOOT I am psyched. Damn fucking right I am. I do not know what else to say. Speechless. Bruins have made the playoffs!! Two exclamation marks for that. No. More. More.
Who will we meet in the playoffs is up in the air.

1. Pittsburgh 102PTS (1GL)
2. Montreal 102 PTS (1GL)
3. Carolina 92PTS (0GL)
4. New Jersey 97 PTS (1GL)
5. New York Rangers 96PTS (1GL)
6. Boston 94PTS (1GL)
7. Ottawa 94PTS (0GL)
8. Philadelphia 93PTS (1GL)
-------
9. Washington 92 PTS (1GL)

Here is how it can all turn out. If the Washington Capitals beat Florida tomorrow night, then they will clinch the playoffs and the SouthEast division. That means that Carolina will be eliminated and that the Capitals will finish 3rd. If the Capitals lose, then they are out and Carolina wins the division. However, it is hard to believe that Washington will lose to Florida. Though, anything can happen.
Another possibility goes as follows: Say Philadelphia and Boston win, and New York Rangers lose, then Boston will finish 5th, Philadelphia will finish 7th and Ottawa will finish 8th. If Philadelphia wins, Boston lose and Rangers win/lose, then the Rangers will finish 5th, Philadelphia 6th, Ottawa 7th (more wins than Boston) and Boston will end up 8th. If Boston and PHiladelphia lose, then Boston will switch places with Ottawa because Ottawa has more wins than Boston.

The playoff matches:

1 v. 8
2 v. 7
3 v. 6
4 v. 5

I predict that Boston will beat Buffalo tomorrow, New Jersey will beat the Rangers, Washington will beat Florida and Pittsburgh will beat Philadelphia. If this were to happen, then the standings would look like this:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Montreal
3. Washington
4. New Jersey
5. Boston
6. New York Rangers
7. Ottawa
8. Philadelphia

Pittsburgh v. Philadelphia (Pittsburgh in 6)
Montreal v. Ottawa (Ottawa in 6)
Washington v. Rangers (Rangers in 6)
New Jersey v. Boston (New Jersey in 6)

No comments: