Sunday, April 20, 2008

Game 7 Baby, Game 7 (And little story)

Just when you thought the Bruins were better off quitting and not fighting for the series, the Bruins end up responding. Big time. I remember, i remember clearly. When it was announced that Boston were to face Montreal in the first round there was immediate pannic. Boston had lost 11 straight against Montreal and were calculated as easy prey's for Montreal. Typical. As much as a Bruins fan hates the Montreal Canadiens, one cannot argue with that call. Throughout the season Boston were beaten and hung out to dry by the Canadiens. They one us. Period. Therefore, it was a unnanymous prediction that Montreal would win. Some said in 4 - a sweep - while others said in five, max. I did so myself. In an earlier post I predicted that Montreal would win in 6 games only because their record in the previous 10 games against Boston was one sided. However, I did say in the post PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS that if Boston would somehow push a game 7, then Boston would eliminate Montreal. Well, I am here to say that I am sticking with that call. Yes, it is a little early considering that game 7 is one day away (Monday), but it is anyone's game: with the way Boston is playing they have the better odds.
Only one hockey analyst (i guess you can say that) claimed Boston would win the series, though, in 6 games. That man was featured on www.thefourthperiod.com . I said this countless times, especially after game 4 (Montreal leading the series 3-1) that I was proud of the Bruins as a team no matter what happens in game 5. And I still am proud. Tonight's game brought the adrenaline and excitement all back, especially when I saw Cam Neely pumping his fists when Boston took the lead in game 6.
I went to game 6 with a friend tonight, who told me not to get involved with the dumbass (sorry to use this word) Habs fans who were chanting "Boston sucks, Boston Faggots, Boston sucks dick, and the list goes on." After Montreal took the 1-0 lead, I turned to them, being the only Bruins fan in the bar/restaurant, and said, "Don't get too excited, it is not over yet." So they kept chanting and insulting Boston, and I kept my cool, laughed and shaked my head. After the game, one of them came up to me and gave me two middle fingers yelling, "Faggot." So, I paused and remembered what my friend said 'don't get involved,' ( I did not want something to happen to my friend, you know?), so I turned to the guy (I had to say something, nothing mean though) and said "you see what happens when you get to excited thinking the game is over." After a while the guy came back from the bathroom and started telling me, once again, "Boston sucks, Boston faggots, they are the worst team in the league, and so on." Again, I looked at the guy, who came to the bar/restaurant with a group of 6 guys (2 girls), and said, "Look man, I'm not going to start arguing with people like you, but if Boston sucks, if Boston is the worst team in the league, then why is there going to be a game 7?" The guy just left. Just like that.
Anyways, I am happy that I did not get too involved in a heated argument.

No comments: