Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hellboy II : I said I would

1 Guinness and 1 Oatmeal Stout beer. That was last night, of course. I could have gone for another, but I did not want to push it. I guess. This was all before watching Hellboy 2, which was a sweet, slick-ass movie by the way. I am so not in the mood to write a review, at least not a long and detailed one at that. Though, I will say this it was an awesome blend of humor and stylish action sequences. Sweet blend. It is rare to see a movie have such a good - actually strong - blend of both humor and action, and still creating a great overall movie. The last movie I can remember having a good blend of both - though, one must acknowledge that today it is not so good - was Lethal Weapon 1 and 2. Well, the second Lethal Weapon was good, but it did not have a good balance of both - in other words, best of both worlds. Hellboy 2 did. It seems that a lot of sequels have been getting better, which has been a surprise. Mind you, there has not been many. However, there has been more than those of the 80s and 90s. Obviously, the best sequel would be The Godfather: part 2, but that is my opinion. We have seen number two movies being better than the first one: one may think of Spider-man 2, though, the third one did not match up to par with the first, sadly, the Bourne trilogy, brilliant, Harry Potter - keep in mind that the second one was not as good as the first, but the third and fourth were. Hellboy 2 can be added to that mix as well.
Overall I would give this movie a 9 out of 10. 9/10

No comments: