Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rating the movies I saw this week

The Machinist: 8.5/10
Very good story and strong acting by Christian Bale. Besides the surprise ending, it was very well paced without a dull moment.

Memento: 7.5/10
I have never seen this movie since it was released in 2000. I found this movie similar to The Machinist: I will not say how or why because then it would spoil both movies. If you see both movies, then you will notice the similarity. Good movie overall, though, it was quite confusing the first 20 minutes.

The Dark Knight: 9.5/10
Awesome.

Romper Stomper: 6.5/10
Well, I have been told too watch this movie for a while. I have also been told that it is better than one of my favorite movies, American History X. I did watch Romper Stomper, but in my opinion, it is not better than American History X. Though, Romper Stomper was made nearly 10 years prior American HIstory X, it did have one good actor, Russell Crowe. However, Edward Norton was just a better and more convincing actor. American History X had a better scripted story, acting and a stronger sense of the skinheads in the world.

No comments: