Monday, July 28, 2008

One Day as a Lion

It has been talked for years, far too many years. Over 4 years. Ever since the band Rage Against the Machine parted ways in 2000 there were rumours that lead singer Zack De La Rocha was making plans for a solo career. Nothing was confirmed. However, within a couple of years Zack De La Rocha performed music with known singers such as Trent Reznor of NIN in the song, March of Death, as well as C.I.A with KRS-1. It took a while. RAGE fans have been waiting for a long time. A Long, long time. In 2004 it was confirmed that Zack De La Rocha was indeed working on a solo album. 4 Years later, July 22 2008, that solo album was released.
Zack De La Rocha and Mars Volta drummer, Jon Theodore form ONE DAY AS A LION. We all know that famous quote (I cannot remember who said it, but I will get back to you on that), "I'd rather live one day as a lion then a thousand days as a lamb."
When I first heard about the album released I got so pumped and hyper. Awesome shit. Vintage De La Rocha.

No comments: