Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Euro 2008: Round two (Knock out)

It's official that....
Thursday: Portugal v. Germany
Friday: Turkey v. Croatia
Saturday: Netherlands v. (Second place of group D)
Sunday: Italy v. Spain

Portugal v. Germany will be a splendid game, or at-least it should be. I am hoping that Portugal defeat Germany as I am rooting for Portugal and Italy.
Friday's game between Turkey and Croatia should be a no-brainer, but you never know. We have seen some upsets so far in the group games (Germany v. Croatia, Italy v. Romania and so on). I must say Turkey has impressed me quite a bit, but I doubt they'll be good enough to defeat Croatia.
There are two teams that should be watched closely throughout Euro 2008. They are Croatia, who have been heavy underdogs for quite a long time, and the Netherlands, who have been more than stellar so far.

No comments: