Monday, January 28, 2008

Ann Veronica: mission succeeded

Alrighty boys and girls, guess what? Oh, cut the bullshit! So there you have it, just as it says in the title. It took me a while to get through more than I had anticipated. The beginning of the novel, say, the first forty pages was intensively boring (yes, intensively!). Though, from 40sh-120 the book hit a new level; a peak to say the least. Unfortunately, I found the novel to take a nose dive for the next 60 or so pages. A real scoop. The novel felt like a roller-coaster; headaches here and there, some excitement and some disappointment. The novel would take another rise and fall. However, the last 40 or so pages, was quite warming and soothing. I cannot present any evidence of this without spoiling the end of the novel.
I did not find this novel a turning point in my life nor did I find it exquisite or some sort of classic. That being said, the novel did exceed my expectations. If you read my previous posts on this novel you will realize that I did not like it, actually I despised it. Though, my perception of this novel has changed.

1 comment:

Rebecca Ugolini said...

My main thing with this novel was that it changed your life. I like how you clearly stated that in your review. Also, the part where you sung my praises was really too much.