Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Layer Cake and the shit load of homework

What did I do today? Umm. U.S. History class, not too shabby. Quite interesting actually. That was followed by War and Revolution class; we spent the entire class talking about the Vietnam War - Damn Americans!. Nonetheless, very interesting even though the teacher is young and such a slow talker. I got home around 1pm. Ate. Soup. I turned the dvd player on and watched "Layer Cake" for the second time in five days (Thank you Selina!!!). Yeah, she recommended the movie to me. What an awesome film. Awesome. I like Daniel Craig, but now I like him more because of the movie. Oh fuck-off! I don't love him or want to make love to him in any way, for crying out loud! Just incase some dirty-minded fool was thinking so as she or he read this. Oh, we all are, huh? Anyways.
It is quite a twisted, back-and-forth british flick. In other words, a gangster movie. Here is a brief summary of the movie; a drug dealer (Daniel Craig) who goes by the name XXXX [Yes, I thought of that too.] is determined to retire and live a wealthy life. However, his boss asks XXXX to do him one last favor: sell one million hits of Ecstasy. There is a catch to all this. The Ecstasy were stolen from another drug lord, who will cut off the head of whoever plans to sell them. The plot seems a little wacky and thick because it is whacky and thick. I really did enjoy certain scenes in the movie, notably the coffee scene (not because I love coffee!). In this scene, Morty, who works along side XXXX, is confronted by an old pal named Freddie. This old pal is a dirty, penny-less man, who seems to know Morty quite well. The story between these two men go way back, which is later revealed in the movie. However, I will not dwell upon how they knew each other - it is up to you to find out. Nonetheless, Morty swings a bottle (not sure if it were beer or whatnot) across Freddie's head, knocking the dirty fellow to the ground. Throughout this scene, Morty is beating the living daylights (whoa!) out of Freddie. What caught my attention was how they filmed the scene. Freddie's body was not revealed throughout his beatings. In fact the audience became Freddie's eyes; shaken and stirred. Anyways. Yeah. I'm no film expert, so I would not know what they call these scenes.

A list of what I have to do this week and weekend;

Wenesday:
Read The Motorcycle Diaries and take some notes on it.
Thursday:
Work on Che lecture/Oral (information)
Complete French Interview (type up)
Additional homework
Friday:
English/French homework
Che Project/Oral
Get book on Batista (dictorship of Cuba prior to 1956)
Saturday:
More Che reading
Outline of Che Project/Oral
Continue work
U.S. History reading assignment (3 questions + 20 pages of reading)
Sunday:
Homework that was not complete
Football Game (GO PATS GO!)

No comments: