Saturday, January 26, 2008

Zack De La Rocha; enough said.


Zack De La Rocha expresses his views of political matter with Rage....


Enough said.


My favorite picture of Zack :D

For those who do not know who Zack De La Rocha is shame on you. No, no, I was kidding. No need to feel horrible or believe that you are a disgrace to your peers. Zack is the singer of my favorite group, Rage Against the Machine. Those of you who know me know why I love Rage. However, for those of you who do not know me that well I shall explain it to you quite briefly. I first started listening to Rage about 1 1/2 years ago; a time when I was not sure what I thought about this world or what was waiting for me in the future. It was a time when I did not follow politics or what was happening around this world as much as I followed sports such as hockey, baseball, soccer. Sports to me was a religious thing as church is sacred to Christians. When I first listened to Rage Against the Machine (my first song was Killing in the Name) I experienced some sort of change that quickly started to brew, I guess, in me. The beat and instrumental flow of each song is one exceptional and phenomenal thing, but the power, the passion, the anger in Zack De La Rocha is something so unique that it is quite impossible to find in this world. Zack has a way to express the message of each song so exquisitely and so bold that it succeeds by influencing the listener to read up on current events or what is being talked about in the song; Zapatista's in "People of the Sun," "New Millennium Homes," etc. Zack brings this enormous sphere (i guess, can't think of a better word right now) of energy and passion throughout every single song, every single verse and every single word. Whenever I hear Zack's voice, whether it is his famous speeches in his song "Wake Up" or expressing his views through letters, songs and other such ways, I just feel like I am there with him. It may seem quite cheesy but Zack De La Rocha's voice, his passion, his anger, his beliefs, give me a great amount of courage and self-confident as if nothing can stand in my way as if there is no way that I can fail in a certain situation and so on. To make you understand, this is a guy who spend one whole year living in poor conditions with poor families in Mexico; he would struggle with them, he would help them out as much as he could and he would also entertain them by singing alone with his guitar (obviously this was all done in Spanish). Zack may be characterized as a saviour, voice and hope for many struggling people.

More to come.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YA I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH U! Zack is a true militant, he expresses his thoughts by the means of his songs. This is the best band in history. FUCK BUSH!!!!

howlingwerecookie said...

ha, i'm 14 years old and some don't belive how much i love ratm, but who needs em i'm a down to earth,in yur face motherfucker and quite contented with that=)and and this world needs help, if more ppl cud think like us, then we have some progress and though obama has come and replaced bush(thank god)we in down here in trinidad still have an asshole to deal with, soooo there's a whole lotta fucking songs stacked nxt to my guitar,haha!!

howlingwerecookie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
howlingwerecookie said...

.............but u know that!!