Saturday, March 22, 2008

The blogger is pissed again

Another Bruins loss to Montreal: 3-2 in shootouts.
Let me see if I can write this blog without stopping and throwing something across my room. Pray. I cannot explain the way I feel right now without cursing the refs of the came. Kerry Fraser, a well known ref. That Bastard. Literally. What an awful came by the refs; completely disgusting. Absurd. This game is proof of the lack of penalties called by refs in the game, the lack of constant penalty calls and how much the refs ruin the game. Almost half way through the first period Kerry Fraser signals a penalty against Montreal; that triggers Boston's goalie, Tim THomas, to go to the bench so Bosotn can unload their extra attacker. AS this is happening, a Montreal player touches the puck; now that would stop the play since there is a call against Montreal. But, all of a sudden, Kerry Fraser puts his hand down and now there is no longer a call against Montreal, but there is against Boston. This triggers Thomas to rush back to his net, in which Montreal could have easily scored. Talk about a lack of communication and reffing in this game. Fucking shit.
The habs struck early in the game, which was not Tim Thomas' fault because he was screened by his own play, Milan Lucic I believe it was. For the first time since I followed the Bruins (14 years), I saw P.J Axelsson fight. Wow. The last guy I would have ever thought to see in a fight.
Throughout the game, I saw so many fucking Montreal players holding the stick of the Boston Bruins that I thought I was watching replays of the game. Were any of them called a penalty? Well, geez, let me see; Kerry Fraser is refing the game. . . . . That would be a NO. Then one of the best of the game came with one minute left; Marc Savard has the puck 8-10 feet from Carey Price; he decides to pass it, as that happens BAM Steve Begin cross checks Savard's lower back. Down goes Savard, who would later leave the game. Was that called a penalty? NO FUCKING NO. Was it a penalty? YES.
Then, Claude Julien decides to send 2 defenceman in the shootouts: Zdeno Chara and Dennis Wideman. Fuck! I understand Chara, but does your third shooter have to be another defenceman? Krejci played an amazing game, Sturm was invisible but a better shooter than Wideman, Kobasew played well and Lucic was a monster. I just don't understand why Wideman was chosen ahead of these players. Why?

Argh. Thank God I did not go to the bar to watch this game or there would have been tables tossed over and probably a scrap with a Habs fan. HA!

No comments: